One key way we at the Interfaith Housing Initiative engage is by hosting workshops. What we do at these workshops will depend on what kinds of questions or needs are coming forward.
- What is being done across the city to help low-income neighbours afford a safe and quality home?
- What role can our community play in the work of addressing homelessness?
- What can we do to better respond to needs in our local community?
- What are other faith communities doing?
- How can we participate in local conversations on housing in our neighbourhoods?
Types of Workshops we can help plan:
Regional Workshops – we could help you engage with other faith communities, community leagues, neighbours and other local partners in your corner of the city.
- Providing solid information on the current need for Housing help and supports, and hosting a conversation between diverse voices around a healthy community response to new neighbours and new units of affordable housing. Example: What’s Your Wisdom on Affordable Housing?
- We could develop a workshop to encourage collective action by local faith communities, and/or invite local partners to speak to community needs.
Local Neighbourhood Workshops enabling healthy housing conversation between faith communities, the local community league(s), and local businesses.
- Equipping and supporting people of faith for constructive engagement in upcoming conversations on affordable housing in their community.
- Connecting directly as a support to healthy process in a local housing conversation.
Multi-faith community workshops engaging numerous faith groups in your area.
- Providing Education on needs and challenges, as well as identifying opportunities for volunteering, collaboration and connection.
- Story-telling, and capacity-building to get your community thinking about what is possible.
Workshops for Individual Faith Communities
- Helping the local congregation consider what meaningful engagement looks like in their local context. We could invite local social workers or community leaders to speak to issues and opportunities nearby.
- Highlighting opportunities, providing education, volunteering and ongoing connection/participation.
Call to Action:
Put the coffee on, and invite CRIHI’s Mike Van Boom to stop by to see what might work best to fit your questions and your community. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org