We were surprised and gratified by the overwhelming level of support that was expressed for our funding proposal at the plenary meeting on April 29. Developments since then include the following:
- Funding has been secured from the Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton, the City of Edmonton, and the Edmonton Community Foundation to support the Housing Coordinator and Housing Ambassador positions.
- The Housing Coordinator position has been filled on a half-time interim basis by John Gee of the Anglican Diocese of Edmonton.
- The Anglican Diocese also has agreed to act on an interim basis as host organization and funding steward.
- A hiring process for the Housing Ambassador position has been started. We hope to have this position filled by the end of September.
- The Rev. Don Koots and Pastor Pam Reichenbach have assumed responsibility as interim co-chairs of the Steering Committee.
We thank the Catholic Archdiocese, and in particular Bob McKeon and Suzanne Brohier, for their generous in-kind support of our efforts to date, and we ask for your patience as we make the transition to having our own paid staff.